If you are a Brussel sprout fan this roasted brussel sprout winter salad is a mouth-watering savory dish that can be served with your favorite main course or eaten on its own.
- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup black rice cooked (optional)
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil (substitute your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 honey crisp apple (substitute your favorite)
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (I prefer vegan – Follow Your Heart)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil (substitute your favorite)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast: Preheat oven to 425°F. Add halved Brussels sprouts and sliced onion to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, tossing around to evenly coat all the sprouts and onions. Bake for 20 minutes, or until sprouts are tender and a bit browned
- Cook the rice according to the instructions
- Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients to combine.
- Assemble: Toss together cooked Brussels sprouts, onion, apple, walnuts, feta, pomegranate and rice. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat thoroughly
Inspired by recipes at liveeatlearn.com
Find other vegetarian recipes HERE!