Natures Tools for Staying Grounded (Root Chakra)
Ohhhh Ahhhh, the topic for the coming month from HIW is an absolute no-brainer for me. There are so many fabulous crystals & stones for staying grounded, including Carnelian. I’ll start by saying anything black usually displays some grounding qualities. I wear a lot of black clothes, it’s my infinite go-to color, and, IMHO – it looks good with everything. However/and, personally I prefer Labradorite as my main piece of jewelry for its ability to ground my spiritual energies into my physical body. Without that, for me, any other grounding feels untethered. This is where connecting to your Root chakra, then connecting it to Mother Earth, is the base concept of grounding; being in the now, feeling connected, even centered, feet firmly planted & stable.
Of course, all the gifts from Gaia, not just the black ones have a myriad of properties so I looked for what I hope are useful additional attributes to stabilize & maintain that feeling of groundedness – I was so spoiled for choice. These are black/dark ones:
- Boji Stone – One of the most grounding stones. Grounding you in the present. Especially helpful for those finding it difficult to have a toehold in this incarnation.
- Galena – A grounding, centering & anchoring stone of harmony, balancing & harmonizing physical, etheric & spiritual planes.
- Obsidian – Provides a grounding cord from the root chakra to the center of the earth.
- Onyx – Strength giving. Centers energy & aligns with higher power for higher guidance. Able to anchor the flighty to a more stable way of life.
- Smoky Quartz – One of the most grounding & anchoring stones. Protective, links root & earth chakras.
- Black Tourmaline – Connects to the root chakra, grounds energy, increase physical vitality, disperses tension & stress.
Then Agates & Jaspers generally. They are so plentiful and colorful, and wonderful.
- Agates – Grounding stones generally, bring physical, emotional & intellectual balance.
- Fire Agate – Has a deep connection to earth & strong grounding power. Calming energy brings security & safety, & support during difficult times.
- Jaspers – Known as “supreme nurturers.” Provide protection, ground energies & the body.
- Brecciated Jasper – (Red jasper veined with Hematite). Excellent for keeping one’s feet firmly on the ground, attaining emotional stability.
>>Related: Beginners Guide to Energy & Chakras
Now – having said all of that – I went in a completely different direction:
Carnelian – Carnelian is known for both grounding AND anchoring, AND activating the Root (Base) chakra to maintain a connection with the earth.
“Grounds and anchors you into the present reality. A stabilizing stone with high energy, excellent for restoring vitality & motivation. Stimulates creativity. Carnelian has the ability to cleanse other stones. Powerful protector against many negative emotions, yours and from others.”
Final thought. I chose the image of the mala because of the stone combination of Carnelian with Grey Agate, plus the Moonstones for soothing & healing emotions and enhancement of spiritual growth and development. Wearing your stone or stones brings them inside your auric field. Of course (ladies) there’s always the age-old way for that by putting them in your bra! Holding them during meditation is another powerful way to enhance connection. Don’t forget to explicitly ask for their help, especially if you are working on specific issues, and then thank them.
With love & blessings. J
Beads of Light – www.JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”
All crystal information courtesy of Judy Hall.
Janet Edkins Creates – Beads of Light Collection.
Healing stones & crystals jewelry delivered directly to your door – click the link for more info and to get on my waitlist.