The new year is fast approaching and with that comes the pressure to create some kind of resolution that will transform yourself in miraculous ways and create an even better version of you.
Guess what? New Year’s resolutions are made by millions but only followed through by a tiny fraction. These resolutions have a way of coming back as an internal shaming tool more than anything. “I said I was going to start eating better but look at me now, it’s only January 15th and I am already breaking down for some pizza and a glass of wine. I have already failed.”
Choose a path of change that has less resistance and more focus and you are more likely to be successful in that endeavor. The upcoming new year is an amazing opportunity to reflect on what your experiences were for the previous year. Don’t explore just things you want to improve upon, wallow in all of your accomplishments as well! Setting your intentions are more about creating a manifestation that aligns with your dreams and desires which creates a purpose. When you achieve clarity it is easier to stay driven and focused on your purpose. Reviewing the last year can help gain a clear understanding of what you want to do next.
Here are a few tips once you have seriously done your year in review:
- Determine what parts of your life are most important to you. What brings you joy? What gets you out of bed every morning? What lights your fire?
- Create a list of these things. They are the foundation of your intentions. Use powerful words like ‘I will’ instead of ‘I’d like.’ Share it with people you trust to check and make sure you have taken action. Accountability is key.
- Create something that will be a daily reminder for yourself. Some use short phrases or words that sum up intentions like ‘creativity’ or ‘education.’ Others use mandalas as a center of focus to put words around such as using the term ‘professional advancement’ with three other words around it that will assist in gaining that advancement.
- Use your daily reminder, well, Whether during meditation, yoga or driving down the road. Repeat your intentions and reinforce your purpose.
- Align yourself with positive opportunities that allow you to move towards your intentions. Spend time with positive people who support or share your purpose.
- Clear out the old habits and patterns that clutter your thinking, bog you down and suck your energy.
- Trust that there is a power greater than you helping to fulfill your intentions. That is not to mean you do not have any responsibility. Take accountability for yourself and your actions, but ignore the voice in your head that makes you feel as though you have to constantly be in charge. As long as you are aligning yourself in ways that meet your intentions, the very best thing you can do is let it go. Trust that your seeds are planted and open yourself up to the fulfillment of your intentions.
With the right mind set for 2018 you can make it a successful one, in all aspects of life. If you need help clarifying your goals, the Holistic Institute of Wellness is here for you, don’t hesitate to reach out and as questions. Your personal growth is our focus, as we help you bridge the gap between traditional and spiritual belief systems. Make 2018 amazing!