Stone of the Month for December- Blue Chalcedony
Reflecting on this year. Moving forward into 2022.
I don’t know about you but the idea of ‘Reflecting on this year’ conjured in me a very old habit of getting on the mental hamster wheel and rehashing all those things I coulda, woulda, shoulda done better, sooner, or not at all! A very old habit from which I try sincerely to disengage. So, what to do?
For me; meditation. Finding some peace and stillness, a vantage point where I can look at actions, reactions & circumstances without self-judgment. What do I see clearly? What can I learn? Where is my soul or karmic lesson? I find this practice challenging, so as always I turn to my stones to harness their loving, gracious energies.
- Amethyst – Crystal of inner peace & transformation. Can help us find a deeper understanding.
- Aqua Aura Quartz – (Gold bonded to Quartz) Bestows profound peace during meditation.
- Carnelian – Grounds & anchors you in the present moment. Removes extraneous thoughts in meditation.
- Celestite / Angelite – Brings balance & alignment. Holds deep peace. (Angelite is Celestite compressed for millions of years.)
- Sodalite – Deepens meditation. Allows the mind to understand circumstances, instills a drive for truth and an urge to remain true to yourself.
From the perspective of lessons learned, how can I/we move forward into 2022? I’m going to need mental flexibility, adaptability, going with the flow. Whatever we want to call it, I feel we are going to need it in spades. Here are a few helpers.
- Green Agate – enhances mental and emotional flexibility.
- Aragonite – brings flexibility & tolerance to the mind.
- Blue Chalcedony – imparts mental flexibility & verbal dexterity, enhances listening skills & communication.
- Amethyst (again) – beneficial for this whole process including improving motivation.
- Apatite – deepens meditation, aids communication and increases motivation.
May I introduce you to the Stone of the Month Blue Chalcedony – “Soothing, calming, great for promoting a sense of peace and joy, imparting more joy into one’s life centered around service to others. Opens the mind to take in new ideas and situations. Gives a feeling of lightheartedness and the ability to look forward optimistically. Absorbs negativity and promotes harmonious emotions. Has a special connection with the Angelic Realm. Carry when in need of relief from depression or an immune system boost. As a member of the quartz family, it can cleanse, heal & balance, and relieve negative emotions.
As a final note, I want to reflect back on a post I did last September about change. At the risk of repeating myself, accepting it, adapting to it, supporting it, and probably most importantly, transitioning into whatever becomes your new normal. I dislike that phrase but it seems appropriate because any old ideas of “normal” appear to be completely defunct.
Onward, dear friends, into the New Age.
With love & blessings. J
Beads of Light – www.JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”