Stone of the Month July – Calcite
It was a tough decision this month to pick just one stone. Mother Gaia has given us so many, many wonderful stones (see my list below) that can help us with this month’s topic of Emotional Wellness.
Actively Pursuing a Goal
“Wellness … noun: the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.”
My pursuit of and for emotional wellness has been a long journey and as we all know, the path unfolds as we take each step, so the journey is ongoing. The concept of an “actively pursued goal” rings so true for me. Hindsight allows me to see years of having no idea that I did not possess emotional wellness. Hitting rock bottom in 1990 was the wake-up call and I am OK saying I have been actively pursuing emotional wellness and balance in some sort of ‘therapy’ for most of the last 30 years. And still, there are more layers, more triggers, more insights, and so much more balance that can be achieved. I AM grateful for the progress, the healing, the growth and expansion, and the opportunity to keep growing and healing.
Awareness of Energy
Adding the glorious properties of stones and crystals to my daily practice has been part of my pursuit now for a number of years. I have a wide-ranging personal collection. Reviewing it, I can see my progress through the years as each piece came to me. I pay homage to each stone for its part in my wellness journey.
It strikes me that I’ve been wearing stones every day for many years without the awareness of the energy that I actively have around me. My engagement ring is a diamond & sapphire. I have worn both a blue topaz dress ring and an amethyst bracelet daily for more than 20 years. How wonderful it is to now to be able to honor their part in my life. These days I also wear labradorite & larimar, selenite, rainbow amethyst, golden rutile & crystal quartz, pearls, hematite, and onyx in various combinations of necklaces & bracelets. And yes, occasionally all at once 😊
You can tell from the list below that there was a multitude of helpers from which to choose. Calcite came through for this month for a number of reasons. It’s readily available and less expensive than many. It comes in numerous forms and lots of colors, each with its own extra twist. Judy Hall says: “Calcite alleviates emotional stress and replaces it with serenity…” she had me right there. “A stabilizing stone enhancing trust in the self and strengthening our ability to overcome setbacks.”
In addition to the generic properties of Calcite – Green Calcite – a mental healer dissolving rigid beliefs and old programs, restoring balance to the mind. Helps us let go of that which no longer serves.
Other Stone Options
Here are few other stones that might be useful:
- Ametrine – Can release many kinds of blockages including negative emotional programming & expectations. Brings insight into the cause(s) of emotional distress.
- Azurite/Malachite – Useful for clearing ancient blocks and old thought patterns and can bring deep emotional healing.
- Blue Apatite – Heals the heart and emotional dis-ease. Connects to high-level spiritual guidance
- Boji Stone – Clears blocked emotions and can help resolve the damage of hurtful memories.
- Chiastolite – Stabilizes the emotions. Can clear feelings of guilt.
- Chrysocolla – Assuages feelings of guilt. Brings in joy.
- Citrine – Aids in releasing deep layers of fears and negative ways of being. Helps move into the flow of feelings and become balanced.
- Diamond – Clears mental and emotional pain, cuts through fear.
- Fluorite – Stabilizing. Allows for understanding the effects of mind and emotions on the body.
- Lepidolite – Calming stone. Soothing for emotional stress and sleep disruptions.
- Magnetite – Stone for balancing intellect and emotions, encouraging inner stability.
- Moonstone – Soothing stone for stress and emotional instability. Improves EQ.
- Pink Tourmaline – Diffuses emotional pain and old destructive feelings via the heart chakra.
- Rhodonite – Superior emotional balancer. Nurtures love and unity. Heals emotional shock & panic.
- Rhyolite – A gentle balancing stone, aids emotional release as appropriate.
- Selenite (Angel’s Wing/Fishtail) – Supremely calming, diffuses tension & stabilizes emotions.
- Serpentine – Corrects mental and emotional imbalance, helps one feel more in control.
- Sodalite – Can bring emotional balance and quiet panic attacks.
With love & blessings. J
Beads of Light – www.JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”
“Created with love, infused with energy”