You Matter: Firmly Establishing Self-Worth
Does that statement affect you? It does me. Self-worth has been and continues to be, a journey. An odyssey of shedding layers of old thought habits, taking off layers of perceived “opinions,” and dropping old ideas of “that (fill in the blank) isn’t available to or for me.”
I think I’ve always known I mattered, deep down. Some of these old beliefs are family generated, coming from a place of trying to somehow keep me safe. Not sure how they flow into the whole idea of believing I had, have, worth but I must have done if someone was trying to protect me. This is really making me look at this in a new light sitting here and getting my thoughts down on paper.
As an artist one is always putting self-worth out there. We have to develop pricing, believe in the inherent worthiness of our art, feel confident that it will be well received by our audience, and, be deemed worthy of the price tag. Perfectionism and self-doubt are burdensome. The feeling that something is not quite finished, not quite “good enough.” Both of these are magnified by opinions, often freely given, because people feel they have a right to express these opinions. Now, don’t get me wrong, we all have a right, absolutely, to our own opinions, but I think the world, and certainly the art world, and my world, could do with less vox populi. My job is to remember my own self-worth, not letting the ingrained neural pathways sabotage my moving forward.
I’m still working on self-worth and firmly establishing the worth of my jewelry (to myself). I’m also working on accepting with ease, grace, and true belief, all the wonderful compliments and accolades of repeat customers. Thank you.
Mangano (Pink) Calcite
Might you be in need of a little support for “Self-Worth?” If so, may I introduce you to:
Mangano (Pink) Calcite – “Stone of Forgiveness.” A heart crystal in touch with the angelic realms. Enhances the flow of energy from Crown to Heart, bringing in unconditional love. Can boost self-worth, self-confidence & self-esteem. Its loving energy gently dissolves resistance. Helps healers & counselors forge strong, energetic patient bonds, allowing a healing vibration transmission. Extremely helpful for long-distance healers.”
Other Stones for Establishing Self-Worth
- Iron Pyrite – Relieves anxiety, boosts self-worth & confidence.
- Labradorite – Banishes fears, insecurities and debris from past disappointments. Strengthens faith and belief in self and trust in the universe.
- Opal – Aids in accessing and expressing one’s true self. Enhances self-worth and aids in understanding one’s true potential.
- Rose Aura Quartz (Platinum) – Combination produces dynamic energy working on the pineal gland and heart chakra transmuting deeply held doubts about self-worth.
- Rose Quartz – The ultimate “Love” stone. Encourages self-forgiveness and acceptance, invokes self-trust and self-worth.
- Rhyolite – Enhances self-esteem and self-worth. Imparts a sense of self-respect and acceptance.
- Sodalite – Brings emotional balance. Transforms fears, phobias, guilt and control mechanisms that hold you back from your true self. Enhances self-esteem, self-trust and self-acceptance.
- Sunstone – Reverses feelings of failure and increases self-worth and confidence.
- Tiger Eye – Heals issues of self-worth, self-criticism and blocked creativity. Aids in recognizing one’s talents and abilities.
Beads of Light – www.JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”
All crystal information courtesy of Judy Hall.
For more of Janet’s Stones for Healing go HERE.