Stones to Help Being Present
“Being Present.” What that means to me is: Listening, to myself & others. Awareness of feelings and physical circumstances. Grounded, feeling connected. Calm, emotionally secure. Centered, knowing that I matter and that I can trust my knowingness. Open, to signals and triggers and Angelite can help us practice being present.
This seems like a lot, however, it’s all connected, it’s all the things I’ve been working on for the last few years. I would also say I need most if not all of those to be going on at the same time in order to really feel “I AM present.”
So the question is, how do I practice being present? Honestly – in a very ad hoc, and to my mind seemingly chaotic way. I have yet to achieve mastery over this, or most things really. All I know to do is the constant exercise of being (or becoming) aware, as best I can; so I see the triggers, notice when I’m scattered or not calm, pay attention when my brain is on its freaking hamster wheel trying to predict the unpredictable! In all of this, I believe that becoming more aware is my key. Only then can I bring me back to my breath and to the ‘now’ moment.
Taking all this into account I have chosen Angelite for the Stone of the Month – maybe even for the coming year.
Angelite – “One of the Stones of Awareness for the New Age. It’s a higher vibrational crystal, with a connection to the higher & angelic realms. Soothing, peaceful, & uplifting. Helps you be more compassionate & accepting. Creates a deep feeling of peace & tranquility. Connects to universal knowledge & raises awareness. Aids spiritual development & urges us toward enlightenment.”
A Few Supporting Stones to Practice Being Present
I looked at my list of what ‘being present’ means to me and picked a few stones that you might find helpful if you are looking for support for the same things:
- Amethyst – Beneficial for the mind, helps feel less scattered, and more focused. Balances highs & lows, and promotes emotional centering.
- Blue Chalcedony – Imparts mental flexibility & verbal dexterity, enhances listening skills & communication.
- Blue Lace Agate – A wonderful healing stone known for its cooling & calming energies brings peace of mind.
- Boji Stone – One of the most effective grounding stones. Returns you to earth, to your body grounding you in the present.
- Calcite – Alleviates emotional stress. This stabilizing stone enhances trust in oneself and aids in overcoming setbacks.
- Carnelian – Improves analytic abilities and clarifies understanding. Helps you trust yourself & your perceptions.
- Fire Agate – Shares a deep connection to the earth. Calming energy brings security and safety while supporting in difficult times.
- Labradorite – Balances intuition & intellect, dispels illusions. Protects from negative energies. Encourages faith in the self & trust in the universe.
- Moonstone – Soothes emotional instability & stress and can draw out old emotional patterns for understanding & dissolving. Improves emotional intelligence
- Pietersite – High vibration stone. Holds the “keys to heaven.” Links & connects you to your own inner guidance, reminding you that you are s spiritual being on a human journey.
- Snowflake Obsidian – Brings your attention to ingrained patterns and behaviors. Helps recognize & release “wrong thinking.”
I’m looking forward to hearing the wisdom and practices from Carolyn & Jana – 3 ways that I might be more present.
With love & blessings. J
Beads of Light – www.JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”
All crystal information courtesy of Judy Hall.
Janet Edkins Creates – Beads of Light Collection.
Healing stones & crystals jewelry delivered directly to your door – click the link for more info and to get on my waitlist.