Amp up the Gratitude all Year with Citrine
November is always a month that brings gratitude front and center, and top of mind. Most people I know look forward to Thanksgiving, family get-togethers, pumpkin pie, and the kick-off to the holiday season and Christmas with Black Friday!
I’ve talked of gratitude before, with an emphasis on the practice of a gratitude journal. However, HIW’s theme this month is much more expansive. Gratitude in all seasons, but I am adding something extra; gratitude from the heart that knows no season, only love.
I’m minded to suggest that the good feelings welling up in us during the holidays would serve us and the planet very well throughout the year, in all seasons, spread lavishly and all around. My apologies if that seems too sugary or evangelizing but I really do think we can be of service by having an attitude of gratitude and thanksgiving all year, not just in November.
As always it was hard to choose just one crystal, so although I picked Citrine specifically for this month, I thought I’d also take some liberties and choose a stone for each season. : )
Winter – Selenite – Has a very fine vibration. Cleanses and purifies energy, making way for a fresh start anytime. Helps clear away any negativity so it doesn’t accumulate over the year. Known to promote peace and harmony, for which I hope we can all be grateful.
Spring – Seraphinite – Promotes living from the heart, gently cleansing the heart chakra, opening to love. Allows for a healthy dose of perspective with a lighthearted influence to alleviate unnecessary worries. Opens us up to realize we have more to be thankful for than perhaps we thought.
Summer – Rose Quartz – Assists with any “lack mentality.” Promotes empathy and compassion. Encourages unconditional love with the gentle & nurturing energies of gratitude. A supreme heart healer & opener, always a great choice for cultivating a deeper appreciation of what we have.
Fall – Citrine – Naturally upbeat and bright, known as the Joy Bringer. A stone of abundance perfect to have around any time when we express gratitude for all our blessings. Perfect for Thanksgiving and to bring in light when the nights start to draw in.
There are, of course, any number of other stones to help with, light, vibration, gratitude, thankfulness, and the heart chakra.
- Amethyst – Powerful and protective. Transmuting negative energy into love allows us to be out in the world protected but with our hearts open.
- Apatite – A stone of manifestation, that promotes a humanitarian attitude, openness and social ease. Heals and opens the heart.
- Chrysoprase – Allows us to feel part of the divine whole. Promotes hope and stimulates creativity. Aligns our ideals with our behavior. Energizes the heart chakra.
- Kyanite – Great stone for bringing a sense of thankfulness as you appreciate the gifts of love and strength of connections you have. Encourages creative and positive energies to flow, giving us a nudge if necessary to shift our perceptions.
- Malachite – Brings balance and harmony to the heart chakra and opens the heart to unconditional love. Teaches us to take self-responsibility for thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Sunstone – A joyful and light-inspiring stone. Instils joie de vivre and good nature. Clears all chakras & brings in light & energy. Helps us nurture ourselves. Traditionally linked to benevolent gods, luck and good fortune. Encourages optimism and enthusiasm and a positive take on events.
- Tiger Eye – Promotes strength, courage, good luck, harmony and balance. Helps us stay calm and focused at busy and sometimes stressful times so that we can fully enjoy the holidays with our loved ones. Helps us see the difference between what we want, what we need and what we already have.
A final thought: My gratitude journal has truly changed my life, truly. As a Brit with a naturally cynical & possibly dour perspective on life, gratitude has allowed me to see the glass as half full rather than empty. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that my practice of gratitude allowed me finally to see, believe, and understand the meme that reminds us: “It’s a glass, it’s refillable!”
Love & blessings til next time. J
Beads of Light – JanetEdkins.com
“Created with love, infused with energy”
Metaphysical crystal information courtesy of Judy Hall.